Hello, beautiful mamas! Today, we're diving into an important topic that many of us face after pregnancy: diastasis recti.
This condition, characterised by the separation of the abdominal muscles, can impact our core strength and overall well-being. That's why it's crucial to self-assess and understand our bodies better. In this article, I will walk you through the process of self-assessing diastasis recti post-pregnancy, Kimmyfitness style.
Plus, I have a YouTube video just for you, so let's get started!
What is Diastasis Recti?
Let's break it down, ladies. Diastasis recti occurs when the connective tissue between our abdominal muscles stretches during pregnancy, leaving us with a gap or separation. Not to worry though – with self-assessment, we can take the first steps towards healing, strengthening our core, and rocking our post-pregnancy journey!
1. Set the Scene: Find a cozy spot with good lighting to conduct your self-assessment. Take a moment to breathe and relax, ensuring your abdomen is free from any restrictive clothing.
2. YouTube Self-Assessment Video: I have got you covered, gorgeous! My YouTube video is packed with step-by-step guidance tailored just for you. Ready to dive in? Simply click the link below and let's assess that diastasis recti together: https://youtu.be/Y56yLYY2Vbo
3. Follow Along: In the video, I will be guiding you through the process of self-assessing diastasis recti. I'll show you how to identify the separation, measure the gap using our trusty fingers, and gain insights into the severity of your condition. I'm here to support you every step of the way!
4. Understanding the Results: Once you've completed the self-assessment, it's time to interpret the results, beautiful. Mild cases usually have a gap of less than two finger-widths, moderate cases range from two to three finger-widths, while severe cases show a gap of more than three finger-widths. Knowledge is power, and now you have a better understanding of your diastasis recti.
5. Seek Expert Advice: Remember, mama, we're in this together! It's always a great idea to seek professional advice from healthcare experts like physical therapists or postnatal fitness specialists like myself. However, I incredibly recommend seeking a hands on MOT post birth ( plus it's never to late to get have this check) they can provide confirmation of your self-assessment results.
By self-assessing diastasis recti post-pregnancy, you're taking a powerful step towards understanding your body and promoting healing.
My YouTube self-assessment video, combined with my core restore classes or if you decide to join my 12 week post pregnancy program will pave the way for a restored core and a healthier, happier you.
Remember, at Kimmyfitness, I'm here to support and uplift you.
So, keep shining, keep loving yourself, and stay tuned for more empowering resources on our website and beyond. Together, we'll rock this post-pregnancy journey like the incredible women we are!